Recent Posts

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Painting Through Life

I have enjoyed art all of my life. I didn't study it in college, but I have taken a few classes. Most of my appreciation of art comes from my mother. I have been painting for several years, but I never looked at it as more than just a hobby. Recently, I decided that it was something I wanted to really pursue. I still don't really know what that means... but I thought a good step in showcasing my art would be through a blog.

This quote by one of my favorite painters has become my motto about my art:

"The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration."
-Frida Kahlo



I am used to painting a lot of landscapes. Lately I have been painting these crosses. It has been so much fun coming up with different designs. For the Cross With Branches, I used pages from an old book to collage the ouside of the cross. Collage is something I had never tried before with painting, but I had seen it done recently and thought it looked so pretty. Let me know if you want one of the crosses!


Cross With Leaves- 8x10

Cross With Branches- 11x14

0 comments: