Recent Posts

Monday, January 25, 2010

Africa

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to take a trip to Kenya. This was one of the best trips I have ever been on. If you ever have the chance to go to Africa, you should go! It was so amazing to see things in person that I had only heard about or seen on TV. Kenya is such a beautiful place and has some of the most wonderful and kind people.

This was one of my favorite pictures I took while I was there. I started a painting of it 3 years ago. As you can see it isn't finished yet. I am too afraid to paint the people! I just want it to look right and I've never painted little people like that before. So who knows if it will ever get finished?!


11X14

2 comments:

Sara Pyles said...

WOW!!!! I love this! This is awesome! I might get you to paint something for me in the future! I love how you took the picture from Africa and painted it. You're awesome!

Rachael L. Anderson said...

this is SO good SJ!!