Recent Posts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Caroline and Cambodia


I have a really amazing friend named Caroline. She's been one of my best friends since our first day of college. We bonded over our mutual love of Audrey Hepburn and Africa. Caroline had been to Africa before and I still had yet to go. She has been back a few times since then, but within the last few years she has developed a love for Cambodia. She has been on medical mission trips to this country and has taught me so much about it that I didn't know.
Caroline is a pediatric oncology nurse in Nashville. I don't know how she goes to work every day. I cry just listening to some of her stories. I know that there are days when it is very difficult for her. She said that whenever she is sad about her patients, she looks at this picture. She asked me to do a painting of it for her and I don't believe my recreation of it would even compare! I did a sketch of it the other day and I caught myself smiling a few times while I was drawing.

0 comments: